Since 2017: Team leader Battery Systems Engineering (Department Accumulaotrs, ECA)
2014 to 2017: Research Associate at ZSW (ECA) and doctoral candidate at Technische Universität München (TUM)
2013: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Collège des Ingénieurs, Paris: Dual MBA programme comprising business courses as well as an project at Daimler AG, battery development.
2006 to 2012: Studies of Electrical Engineering, Technische Universität München (TUM)
Fields of activity:
- Battery Systems Engineering
- Anode behavior: Fast charging, detection of kinetic limitations in graphite anodes, spatially resolved modeling of anode kinetics
- Thermal characterization: Thermal impedance spectroscopy, prediction of reversible and irreversible heat generation
- Retrospective aging analyses based on cycle data
Selection of publications:
- M. Bauer, B. Rieger, S. Schindler, P. Keil, M. Wachtler, M. A. Danzer, A. Jossen, Multi-phase formation induced by kinetic limitations in graphite-based lithium-ion cells: Analyzing the effects on dilation and voltage response, Journal of Energy Storage, 10C, 1–10. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2016.11.006.
- M. Bauer, M. Wachtler, H. Stöwe, J. V. Persson, M. A. Danzer (2016). Understanding the dilation and dilation relaxation behavior of graphite-based lithium-ion cells. Journal of Power Sources, 317, 93–102. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2016.03.078
- M. Bauer, C. Guenther, M. Kasper, M. Petzl, M. A. Danzer, Discrimination of Degradation Processes in Lithium-Ion Cells Based on the Sensitivity of Aging Indicators towards Capacity Loss, Journal of Power Sources (2015), http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.02.130
- S. Schindler, M. Bauer, M. Petzl, M. A. Danzer (2016). Voltage relaxation and impedance spectroscopy as in-operando methods for the detection of lithium plating on graphitic anodes in commercial lithium-ion cells. Journal of Power Sources, 304, 170–180. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2015.11.044
- M. Bauer, J. Szaunig, M. A. Danzer, Analyzing heat generation and heat transfer in lithium-ion cells by means of thermal impedance spectroscopy, 15th Ulm Electrochemical Talks (UECT), 2016, Ulm, Germany.